Healthy scalp free from dandruff, toxins, scales, is the key to shiny, thick hair. However, if your scalp is inflamed, you continually suffer from dryness, scaling, dandruff or even worst from fungal issues, then only dull, thin hair can grow on such a scalp.
As flowers need right kind of condition to grow and bloom, so does the hair. Your scalp must be well cared with the right amount of moisture, pH, nutrients. Hairs grow slowly, and they are very demanding.
Unfortunately, most people in search of beautiful hair resort to a chemical containing shampoos, sprays, mousse, conditioners, and so on, all this only makes the condition worse.
People are not entirely to be blamed for their wrong choices are they are overwhelmed with false information, flashy advertisements.
If you live in a city scalp detox is the only way to cleanse your scalp deep. Detoxification will revive hair follicles, help maintain the balance of moisture, oil, pH, and much more.
Reasons why you should detox scalp:
- To remove toxins from the scalp for healthy hair growth
- Stimulate scalp circulation and thus supply of oxygen and nutrients
- Help regenerate new hairs
- Get rid of dandruff, scalp dryness, irritation
- Reduce inflammation
- Provide better bedrock for health growth or hair
Best ways to detox your scalp:
- Massage- increases the blood flow to and fro from the scalp. It means that a better supply of nutrients, whereas, toxins are removed via blood supply and taken to detox organs like liver and kidney for further processing or removal from the body.
There are two ways to massage your scalp, one is with the help of your fingers, and another way is using a special kind of massage brush. Both methods work well; it is a matter of personal preferences.
Using oil while massaging is not necessary but may help if you have dry hairs. Oil has other benefits too like providing nutrients and protective layer to hairs. Coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, almond oil, are some of the right options.
- Lime rinse– the lime drink is frequently used to detoxify the body. Lime is also beneficial when applied Lime juice is rich in alpha hydroxy acid which helps remove dead skin from the scalp.
Using lime rinse is pretty simple, just add a tablespoon of lime juice to a cup of water and rinse your head. Wait for about five minutes, and then rinse your head with plain water. Avoid using shampoo after cleaning.
- Honey cinnamon tonic– optimizes scalp pH and revives hair growth. It is good when used on the bald spots. It also helps control the growth of microbes and has anti-inflammatory action. It also increases circulation and stimulates hair growth.
To prepare this mask mix one tablespoon of honey with half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one tablespoon of olive oil. Apply this mixture to your scalp and weight for about 15 minutes before rinsing.
- Baking soda mask– is an excellent cleanser. Thus no surprise why it is added even to toothpaste. To prepare the mask, add a tablespoon of baking soda to a cup of water, you can also add cinnamon powder to this. Use this solution to massage your scalp for a couple of minutes gently.
Along with detoxification of scalp, do not forget to take supplements that are good for hair health like Silk Biotin Complex.